Hyper-immunity is an unusual condition in which antibodies are found at levels far above those normally generated by disease. There are anecdotal reports of significantly improved longevity and vigor into old age in other hyper-immune individuals. Hyper-immunity probably has significant and unusual effects that have potential crossover into other areas.
Butterfly Sciences formalized a relationship with Tim Friede to work on studying hyper-immunity to snake venom. Mr. Friede is one of the rare individuals who has immunized himself against deadly venomous snakes. To date, he has demonstrated that he can be bitten by seven venomous snakes and have complete remission of symptoms within 36 hours.
- Black mamba (Dendroaspis polylepis)
- Western diamondback (Crotalus atrox)
- Mojave rattlesnake(Crotalus scutulatus)
- Cape cobra (Naja nivea)
- Monocled cobra (Naja kaouthia)
- Water cobra (Naja annulata)
- PNG Taipan (Oxyuranus scutellatus canni)